- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Batata Vada Recipe
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Kilogram, mashed (boiled peeled)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Besan flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bi carb||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||3 , finely chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
Calories 1377 Calories from Fat 1049
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.9%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 301.9 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.7%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 82.7%
Calcium 7% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Now add green chilies,boiled potatoes,garam masala,salt and pepper.
3. Add lime juice and coriander.
4. Mix well and make small balls of this mixture. Keep aside.
5. To the besan flour, add little salt and soda-bi-carb and make fine batter using water.
6. In a large Kadhai, heat oil. Immerse the potato balls in the batter and drop into the oil slowly.
7. Fry these balls on all sides until golden brown.
8. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any type of chutney.
Tip: You can eat this wada with Pav. Just cut Pav lenghwise. Sprinkle some pea nut chutney on cut Pav, Place wada in between 2 pieces of Pav. Eat with fried green chilli.