- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basmati Rice Pudding Recipe Video
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Organic)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 369.1 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, pour some water, let it heat and pop in the rice, stir it well and let it simmer for 8 minutes.
2. Pour in 3 and a half cups of soy milk, stir it up and bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add sugar and let it cook for a bit.
4. Now to the remaining soy milk add corn starch and dissolve it in the milk.
5. Pour the soy milk into the rice, add vanilla and cardamom.
6. Give it a good stir and add salt and let it rest for 30 minutes.
7. Serve this rice pudding at room temperature or cold as a dessert.