- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basil & Sweet Corn Fritters Recipe Video
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 large ears)|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg
Sodium 217.4 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
2. Mix in milk and eggs and stir in corn and basil.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Place 1/4 cup batter into pan and repeat making each fritter about 3 inches wide without over crowding the pan.
5. Cook until the edges start to set, about 2 minutes.
6. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, 1 to 3 minutes more.
7. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter and serve with ketchup or sauce.