- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basil, Rocket and Roasted Tomato Salad Recipe Video
|Baby tomatoes||20 Medium|
|Back bacon rashers||4 Medium, smoked|
|Rocket leaves||125 Gram|
|Basil leaves||125 Gram|
|Balsamic dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Parmesan cheese shavings||100 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 2968.5 mg123.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 163.5% Vitamin C 98.4%
Calcium 73.5% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make the balsamic dressing.
2. Blanch and refresh the tomatoes.
3. Remove the skin, leaving them whole, and place on a baking tray.
4. Cut off any rind from the bacon and cut into small strips.
5. Heat a small frying pan over a high heat, add a tiny amount of oil and add the bacon strips and fry until crispy.
6. Remove from the pan onto kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil and allow to cool.
7. Pick the basil leaves from their stalks and place into a colander.
8. Add the rocket leaves and the watercress.
9. Wash and dry well and place in a large clean bowl.
10. Peel and crush the garlic cloves and place into a small bowl.
11. Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and mix together.
12. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
13. Lightly season the tomatoes and drizzle over with the balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic mix.
14. Place into the oven and roast for about 10 minutes.
15. Mix the basil, rocket and watercress with enough dressing to coat the leaves.
16. Divide the leaves between the plates.
17. Sprinkle each plate with a few of the bacon pieces and add five roasted tomatoes to each plate.
18. Drizzle over any remaining dressing over the tomato salad.
19. Garnish the tomato salad with Parmesan shavings.
20. Serve immediately, while the tomatoes are still hot.