- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basil Pesto Recipe Video
|Basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.5 mg1.8%
Sodium 402.4 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Toast pine nuts on a cookie sheet in a 400° oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a food processor, pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt and pepper until finely chopped.
3. Gradually add oil to form a smooth and thick consistency.
4. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
5. Season pesto with more salt and pepper, if desired and serve with your favorite pasta or pizza.