- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basil Pesto Recipe Video
|Fresh basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (as required)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 300.4 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Food processor
1. In a pot boil some water with salt in it to cook the pasta. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Into the food processor add the fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, salt, pepper and garlic. Pulverize the ingredients in the food processor and continue the process by streaming in the olive oil till you get the desired consistency.
3. Once done, using a spatula scrape the mixture out into a bowl.
4. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese into the pulverized ingredients and mix well.
5. Serve the basil pesto mixed with cooked pasta.
Though pesto is a sauce typically served with pasta it may be served with certain chicken or meat dishes as well.