- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basil Chicken with Angel Hair Parmesan Pasta Recipe Video
|Angel hair pasta||8 Ounce (in 1 package)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken breast halves||2 Cup (32 tbs), boneless, cooked and cubed|
|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.3 mg
Sodium 810.8 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 61 g121.9%
Vitamin A 44.5% Vitamin C 61%
Calcium 21% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Saute the onions and garlic.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce.
5. Reduce heat to medium and cover skillet.
6. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
7. Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat.
8. Serve with Parmesan cheese