- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Yellow Cake Recipe
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2126 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg61.7%
Sodium 672.2 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 499 g166.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 303.1 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 43.3% Iron 107.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease and flour 3 cake pans.
2) In a bowl, add the egg yolks and beat till thick light yelloqw in colour.
3) Slowly add in the sugar, beating well after each addition.
4) Add in the salt and baking powder and beat well.
5) Alternating, mix in the cold water and flour. Keep beating well after each addition.
6) Stir in the lemon flavoring.
7) Transfer the batter into the cake pans.
8) Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, till done.
9) Serve simply, or topped with chocolate sauce.