- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic White Cake Recipe
|Lemon flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4770 Calories from Fat 1700
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g297.5%
Saturated Fat 120.3 g601.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 506.4 mg
Sodium 2564.8 mg106.9%
Total Carbohydrates 713 g237.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.6%
Sugars 417.2 g
Protein 59 g117.8%
Vitamin A 117.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 148.4% Iron 163.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Grease and flour 3 cake pans.
3) In a bowl, add sugar and butter and beat well till fluffy.
4) In a bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
5) Add into the creamed mix, alternating with milk.
6) Beat well after each addition.
7) Mix in the salt and flavorings.
8) Beat the egg whites till stiff peaks and fold into the batter.
9) Transfer into the cake pans.
10) Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, till done.
11) Can be served simply or topped with chocolate sauce!