- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puffy Omelette Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1221 Calories from Fat 455
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.7%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1184 mg394.7%
Sodium 3766.1 mg156.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.05%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 159 g317.1%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.4% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, crack the eggs, separate the egg whites. Let egg whites warm to room temperature. This will take about 1 hour.
3. With mixer at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar just until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
4. In another small bowl of electric mixer, using same beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Add salt, pepper, and milk gradually; beat until well combined.
5. With wire whisk or rubber scraper, using an under-and-over motion, gently fold egg-yolk mixture into egg whites just until combined.
6. Gently heat a 9- or 10-inch heavy skillet. Ensure that it has a heat resistant handle.
7. Add butter and oil; heat until it sizzles briskly. The butter should not brown
Tilt pan to coat side with butter mixture.
8. Spread egg mixture evenly in pan; cook, over low heat, without stirring, until lightly browned on underside. This will take about 10 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until top seems firm when gently pressed with fingertip.
9. Fold over, serve on a warmed plate and garnish with parsley before serving