- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Cream Puffs Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 67 mg22.3%
Sodium 63.1 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt shortening in 1 cup boiling water.
2) Add flour and salt all at once. Keep stirring until mixture forms ball.
3) Now, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth.
4) Take a greased cookie sheet and drop spoonsful of batter on it.
5) Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
6) Decrease heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
7) Cool the puffs and then fill with desired cream pie filling, whipped cream or ice cream.
8) Serve the cream puffs as snack or dessert to kids.