- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic White Milk Sauce Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||25 Milliliter, melted|
|Salt||1 Milliliter (Optional)|
|White pepper||1 Dash (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.8 mg
Sodium 490.8 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, place the butter.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave and run it for 30-40 seconds at High to melt.
3. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper to the melted butter.
4. Next, gradually add milk stirring until smooth.
5. Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook for 4 1/2-6 minutes at Medium, till the sauce is thickened, stirring once in a while.
6. Serve as a topping or with pasta.