- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Quick Tip 93--How to Make White Sauce Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter/Salted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Skimmed milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 599 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 23.9 g119.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.7 mg
Sodium 1153.7 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 24.2% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 52.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a heavy saucepan over medium low heat and melt butter in it.
2. Gradually stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Slowly add the milk stirring continuously and add the salt and pepper. Cook for another 15 minutes on low heat or until thickened.
4. When the sauce thickens and becomes creamy remove from the heat.
5. You can use the sauce as it is or add cheese for more flavor.