- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Gnocchi Recipe Video
|Potatoes||2 Pound (red or old potatoes that are floury, not waxy)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||300 Milliliter, divided|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 64.8 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 37.2%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. Wash the potatoes and place them in a large pot, boil the potatoes in salted water with skin on.
2. Once done while they are still hot peel the skin off, with the help of a potato masher, mash the potatoes well on a work top.
3. Add the flour and form a hole in the center and add the eggs and 2 pinch of salt.
4. Knead until you form a nice smooth dough, once done roll a small portion into a long snake and then cut the dough into small pieces.
5. Using a fork roll each piece across the prongs using slight pressure, form a classic ribbed shaped gnocchi.
6. Continue until all the gnocchi are done, boil a pot of salted water and cook the gnocchi until they begin to float on the surface.
7. Once done drain and toss the gnocchi with your choice of sauce.
8. Serve the potato gnocchi hot.