- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Pot Roast in the Microwave Recipe
|Beef chuck roast||3 1⁄2 Pound (Flat)|
|Onion soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cut into eights|
|Carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thinly sliced|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 233.3 mg
Sodium 1028.1 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 77 g154.8%
Vitamin A 107% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a large fork, prick the roast all over on both sides.
2. Place the roast in a microwave friendly cooking bag or in a casserole dish.
3. Pour the onion soup mix and broth over the roast.
4. Tie bag loosely with string or piece of plastic and place in a baking dish, or cover the casserole with plastic wrap and prick with a knife to allow steam to escape.
5. Cook in the microwave oven at power 3 for 1 hour.
6. Turn over the roast, adding the vegetables to the bag or casserole.
7. Reseal or cover and return to the microwave oven.
8. Continue cooking for about 75 to 90 minutes, checking for doneness with a sharp tipped knife, during last 15 minutes of cooking, until meat and vegetables are tender.
9. Allow the roast to rest in the bag or casserole for 10 minutes before serving.
10. Transfer the roast and vegetables to a platter
11. Slice and serve the roast accompanied by rice, pasta or bread if you like