- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Basic Pie Crust Making Recipe Video
|Pie crust mix||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (Betty Crocker Brand Makes 2 Crusts - For One Crust Use Half The Mix - 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Ice cold water||16 Teaspoon (Plus 2 Tablespoons And 2 Teaspoons Ice Cold Water)|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 713.4 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 5.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need2 identical rectangles of wax paper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the pie crust mix and ice cold water, mix well to form a dough.
3. Stretch the dough with your fingers to make an even shaped circle.
4. Take one wax paper to dust with flour. Place the dough circle on top and dust with some more flour.Cover the dough with the other wax paper.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll to form a circle larger than the dough plate.
6. Carefully remove the top wax paper, sprinkle some flour and replace. Turn and remove the lower wax paper, fold the wax paper with dough circle into half and place carefully into the pie plate, press firmly to get a nice shape. Using a knife cut the excess part and crimp the edges.
7. Bake at 400F for 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Use this crust for your favorite pie preparation.