- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Pastry Dough Recipe
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||5 Tablespoon|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 324.3 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sieve flour and salt together.
3. In a measuring cup pour oil and cold water. Do not stir.
4. Add this to the flour mixture and gently stir with fork.
5. Divide dough into two.
6. Place each flattened ball between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
7. Roll to bring to the correct size for pan.
8. Peel the top sheet off waxed paper.
9. Unmold the dough into pie plate.
10. Take out the paper.
11. Fit into a pan, trim crust to 1/2 inch, fold under, and flute edge.
12. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
13. Serve sliced.