- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Oxtail Casserole Recipe
|Oxtails||4 , cut up|
|Onions||6 , skinned and sliced|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Stock||2 1⁄4 Pint|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||6 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||8 , peeled and sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 2884 Calories from Fat 1290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg
Sodium 623.7 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 337 g674.5%
Vitamin A 423.9% Vitamin C 44.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils to be used in cooking.
2) In a frying pan, melt the margarine or butter.
3) Fry the oxtail, few pieces at a time.
4) In a large casserole, transfer the fried oxtail.
5) In the heated pan, fry the onions and add to the oxtail casserole.
6) Remove the pan from the heat, mix flour into the remaining butter in the pan.
7) Add the stock with herbs, juice of lemon and bring the stock to boil.
8) Over the meat casserole, pour the cooked stock.
9) Add in the casserole dish, carrots and salt and pepper seasoning.
9) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
10) Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and cook for further 2 1/2 hours.
11) Chill the casserole.
12) Reheat while serving and remove the excess surface fat.