- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Authentic Onigiri Recipe
|Cooked short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salmon pieces||250 Gram (Bite size pieces)|
|Nori sheets||2 , strips|
|Salted water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg
Sodium 187.9 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOnigiri Mold
1. Wet hands in salted water and take a small amount of the rice and mold into a round ball with both hands.
2. Wrap the ball with nori strips, set aside.
3. Another version using onigiri mold. Fill both the sides of the onigiri mold with rice halfway.
4. On one half of the mold. place the salmon piece then top with rice.
5. Close the onigiri mold with the cover and press it done.
6. Take off the cover, flip and press the push buttons to pop out the onigiri.
7. Wrap the rice ball with dry seaweed.
8. Garnish with rice seasoning if desired and serve.