- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Meatballs Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Ground beef||3 Pound|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.2%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.6 mg53.5%
Sodium 601.6 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large mixing bowl and beat eggs in it.
2) Pour in milk, bread crumbs, onion, oregano and salt.
3) Mix in meat and then figure the mixture into 72 meatballs 1-inch thick.
4) In a large tray, arrange the meatballs and then slip the tray in a plastic bag.
5) Tie the bag and keep in refrigerator to freeze until firm.
6) Pack the balls again in freezer bags, allowing only 24 meatballs per bag.
7) Fasten the bags and then again freeze in refrigerator.
8) Use as required.