- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Fried Rice Recipe
|Cold cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Seafood/Cooked meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2089 Calories from Fat 905
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.3%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 575.8 mg
Sodium 2989.5 mg124.6%
Total Carbohydrates 230 g76.6%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 62 g124.9%
Vitamin A 167.3% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 29% Iron 81.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dice or shred meat, seafood and vegetables Keep the fresh vegetables separate from the canned. (The latter should be drained well before using.) Mince scallions; beat eggs.
3. Heat oil in a large deep pan. Add minced scallions and stir-fry a few times. Add fresh vegetables and stir-fry to soften slightly.
4. Add canned vegetables and cooked meat; stir-fry to heat through and blend. Remove all ingredients from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil to smoking. Add rice and heat through completely, as in step 3 of Simple Fried Rice.
6. Return vegetables and meat; fold into rice with a spatula to blend well and reheat.
7. Then quickly blend in soy sauce, salt, sugar and sherry.
8. Fold in beaten eggs with a spatula and turn off heat just as eggs begin to set.