- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Farmer Cheese Recipe
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1141 Calories from Fat 554
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.8%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.2 mg63.1%
Sodium 1144.3 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 99.5 g
Protein 61 g123%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 213.8% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) In the saucepan, slowly heat the milk to a temperature of 80° F.
3) To this, add the buttermilk.
4) Stir well, cover and let stand for up to 24 hours at a room temperature of 65° to 70° F. (If the curd has not yet set, then put the milk pan in a larger pan of tepid water. Then, let stand, covered, for two hours.)
5) When the curd starts separating from the surrounding clear whey, in a large colander lined with dry cheesecloth, let it drain for 5 hours.
6) Now, pull up the corners of the cloth and tie them tightly to form a bag.
7) Hang up the bag and let the curd drain well for 6 to 8 hours. (or, longer depending on the firmness you desire)
8) After this, add a little salt to taste. You can also add flavors if desired.
9) Use this cheese as required by any recipe of your choice.
You can beat the curd to make it creamier.