- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Coffee Cake Dough Recipe
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105 To 115°F)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3145 Calories from Fat 1329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g232.5%
Saturated Fat 92 g459.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 591.3 mg
Sodium 1148.1 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 404 g134.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.4%
Sugars 160.1 g
Protein 51 g102.4%
Vitamin A 92.7% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 100.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. If possible, check temperature of warm water with thermometer. Sprinkle yeast over water in large bowl, stirring until dissolved. Stir in lukewarm milk mixture.
3. Add egg and 1 1/2 cups flour; beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Add rest of flour; beat until dough is smooth and leaves side of bowl.
4. Turn out dough onto lightly floured pastry cloth. Knead until dough is satiny and elastic and blisters appear on surface.
5. Place in lightly greased large bowl; turn to bring greased side up. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place (85°F), free from drafts, until double in bulk—1 to 1 1/2 hours.
6. Punch down dough with fist. Turn out onto lightly floured pastry cloth; knead 10 to 15 times.
7. Shape and fill, for Almond-Twist Coffeecake, Apricot-Filled Coffeecake or Streusel-Filled Coffeecake.