- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Brown Onion Sauce Recipe
|Extra light olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon (With A Dash Of Sesame Oil (1.25 Ml))|
|Onions||2 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Dill seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||240 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Dry red wine||240 Milliliter, de-alcoholized (1 Cup)|
|Arrowroot||15 Milliliter, mixed with 2 tablespoons de-alcoholized dry red wine (30 ml) (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 527.5 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 14 g29%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 80.9%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and add onions, dill and caraway in it.
2) Uncover and cook the mixture for 5 minutes, without stirring.
3) Mix once and then cook, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Pour in stock and wine and scrape up quickly all the pan residues into the liquid until the bottom of the pan is perfectly clean.
5) Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Take off the pan from heat and then mix in arrowroot slurry.
7) Place the pan back to heat and stir until thickened.
8) Serve on steak or chop, or on chicken or turkey.