- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Braised Artichoke Hearts or Bottoms Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Artichoke hearts||8 Medium|
|Chicken consomme/Use water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 737.4 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 24.9 g99.7%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 101.2%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take an enameled saucepan preferably and in it , combine butter, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and heat the mixture.
2) Now add the artichoke bottoms.
3) Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 10 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
4) Toss the pan many a times at intervals to prevent artichokes from sticking to each other.
5) If needed, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of consomme at a time to keep the pan moist.
6) Serve hot.