- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Boiled Artichokes Recipe
|Crumbled oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 630.2 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 77.8%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash artichokes and trim stems from base.
2. Use a sharp knife and slice an inch from top and snip off any spiny leaf tips.
3. Rub cut edges with lemon in order to prevent them from turning brown.
4. In a deep saucepan or kettle, make the artichokes stand.
5. Cut the lemon and add to pan with oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and enough water to make 2-inch depth.
6. Place 1 teaspoon of the oil in each artichoke.
7. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until a leaf pulls away easily from the base. Drain properly.
8. Serve in a serving dish.