- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Basic Beef Burger Recipe
|Minced beef/Pork||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Bread crumbs||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme/Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (Optional)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 82.1 mg
Sodium 494.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
1) In a bowl, mix the meat, bread crumbs, parsely, herbs, garlic and pepper along with egg.
2) Apply some flour to your hands and shape into six 3" (7.5 cm) burgers.
3) Heat a frying pan with some oil. Fry burgers for 10 minutes each side with pan covered.
4) Serve hot, sandwiched between burger buns.
Burgers can also be grilled instead of frying.