- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Cane Sugar Barm Brack Recipe
|Raw cane sugar||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Mixed dried fruit||3⁄4 Pound (340 Gram)|
|Tea||2⁄3 Pint, cold (340 Milliliter)|
|100% wholemeal flour||10 Ounce (285 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3753 Calories from Fat 1406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.2%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 4189.5 mg174.6%
Total Carbohydrates 492 g164%
Dietary Fiber 48 g192.1%
Sugars 231.9 g
Protein 132 g264.1%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 76.3% Iron 78.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In tea, soak the dried fruit and sugar overnight. Cover with a plate or cloth.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) Thoroughly sift together the flour and the baking powder.
4) To the flour, add the soaked tea mix.
5) In a different bowl, beat the egg and add to the flour-tea mixture. Mix properly till a uniform mixture is formed.
6) Put the concoction in a well-geased 900 grams bread tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour 45 minutes.
7) Allow to cool and slice.
8) Serve cool after spreading with butter.