- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barley Pilaf Recipe
|Carrot||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Celery||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Leek||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped, thoroughly washed (White Portion And Some Green)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), minced|
|Barley||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Beef broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Canned, Ready-To-Serve Variety)|
|Salt||1 Dash (Optional)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 382.9 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g41.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.4 g101.6%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 117.2% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take an 8-inch skillet and melt margarine in it.
2. Add carrot, celery, leek, and garlic in hot margarine and stir-fry the ingredients against medium high heat and by frequent stirring method.
3. Continue cooking until celery turns soft; it will take at the most 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add remaining ingredients in it by stirring method of cooking.
5. Continue cooking for nearly 4-5 minutes until carrots turn tender and the liquid gets over absorbed.
6. Serve hot immediately.