- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barley Nibbles Recipe
|Barley kernels||4 Ounce (115 grams)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegan margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon/5 drops vanilla essence||1 , rind grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 818 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 34.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.7%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Grease a baking tin with butter.
3. In a pan, warm vegan margarine and syrup.
4. Add sugar and heat it till sugar dissolves.
5. Add barley kernels and the flavouring (either lemon rind or vanilla essence) to the warm liquid.
6. Mix all the ingredients well.
7. In a greased baking tin, make a small heap of the above mixture by using it with a spoon. Ensure that you leave enough space between two heaps so as to allow them to expand in the oven.
8. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
9. Serve Barley Nibbles with dollops of cream.