- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
|Spareribs||3 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 755 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.6%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176 mg
Sodium 524.9 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet or broiler pan in the oven, sear the spareribs until brown, then drain off the excess fat.
2) Season the spareribs with salt and pepper.
3) In a slow cooker, place the spareribs, then add the onion, garlic and barbecue sauce.
4) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.