- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches Recipe
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Pork tenderloins||1 1⁄2 Pound, well trimmed (2 tenderloins, about 3/4 pound each)|
|Red onion||1 Large, cut into 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices|
|Hoagie rolls/Kaiser rolls||6 , split|
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.5 mg
Sodium 1427.9 mg59.5%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper and garlic in small, heavy saucepan with ovenproof handle; mix well.
3. Set saucepan on one side of grid. Place tenderloins on center of grid. Grill tenderloins, on uncovered grill, over medium-hot coals 8 minutes. Simmer sauce, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn tenderloins with tongs; continue to grill, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add onion slices to grid. Reserve half of sauce. Brush tenderloins and onion with some remaining sauce.
5. Continue to grill, uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of meat.
6. Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time. Carve tenderloins crosswise into thin slices; separate onion slices into rings. Divide meat and onion rings among rolls; drizzle with reserved sauce. Serve with mixed green salad, if desired.