- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Pork Roast Recipe
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Pork roast||5 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||16 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, chopped|
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.3 mg
Sodium 373.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 51 g102.2%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim off the excess fat on the pork roast.
2) In a slow cooker, place rest of the ingredients, except the barbecue sauoe and chopped onion.
3) Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
4) When the roast is done, remove and discard the bone and fat.
5) Return the roast into the slow cooker and add the barbecue sauce and chopped onion.
6) Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
7) Slice the roast and serve on individual serving plates.