- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Leg Of Lamb Recipe
|Leg lamb||4 Pound, butterflied (2 Kilogram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon herb marinade||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Marjoram||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 1085 Calories from Fat 706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g120.9%
Saturated Fat 28.6 g143.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.9 mg
Sodium 294.6 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 85 g170.4%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 65.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small bowl to prepare the marinade by combining garlic, oil, lemon juice, marjoram and thyme. Mix well and set the bowl aside.
2) On your working surface, place the lamb flat. Season evenly with freshly ground black pepper.
3) Take a shallow glass or ceramic dish and place the lamb on that. Now pour the prepared marinade over the lamb and coat the meat thoroughly.
4) Cover the dish and let the meat get marinated for 3-4 hours at room temperature. In case of overnight marinating, place the dish inside the refrigerator.
5) Preheat your barbecue oven to medium and lightly brush cooking oil on the grill.
6) Bring the meat out of the marinade and place over the grill.
7) Barbecue the lamb to cook both the sides evenly for 15-20 minutes or so. Use the remaining marinade to baste the lamb occasionally during the barbecue process.
8) Serve the barbecued meat warm with your choice of bread and salad.