- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Lamb Riblets Recipe
|Lamb breast||6 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1/3 Cup)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 68.9 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the lamb between the ribs into finger size peices. Trim the excess fat from the lamb using a sharp knife.
2. In a jelly roll pan place the lamb neatly in a single layer.
3. In a moderate oven, bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees and pour all the fat from the pan.Remove
4. In a cup mix tomato sauce, molasses and mustard. Stir well.
5. Brush part of the mixture over the ribs till well coated.
6. Return lamb to the oven, and bake for 1 hour until tender. Constantly remove from oven to glaze with tomato mixture and to turn so that the lamb cooks evenly. The lamb should turn brown.
7. Serving with hot tomato sauce and mashed potatoes on the side.