- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Greek Sausages Recipe
|Soft breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground meat||2 Pound (any kind / mixed)|
|Grated onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for coating)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
|Canned plum tomatoes with juice||2 Pound|
|Ground cumin||1 Dash|
Calories 1017 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.7%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.2 mg
Sodium 605 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 35 g69%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 44.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine with ground meat, grated onion and garlic.
3. Season, then mix well.
4. Shape into fat little sausages, about 2 inches long.
5. Coat with flour.
6. Brush with oil, and cook on the barbecue in a hinged grill or frying pan.
7. Turn to brown all over.
8. Put all the sauce ingredients except the onion and cloves in a saucepan.
9. Stick the cloves in the onion, then add it to the pan.
10 Simmer (on the stove) for 45 minutes.
11. Discard onion and bayleaves.
12. Sieve the sauce.
13. Return it to the pan, and reheat, on the barbecue if you wish.
14. Serve with the sausages.