- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Fish Fillets Recipe
|Fish fillets||2 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Melted butter/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg
Sodium 811 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If the fish is frozen, thaw it before cooking.
2. Cut the fish in serving size pieces.
3. In a shallow baking dish, place the fish pieces in a single layer.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil or butter and cook onion, green pepper and garlic until they are soft.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked vegetables and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
6. Set it aside for cooling.
7. Pour the vegetable mixture over the fish and let it sit for 30 minutes.
8. Turn the fish once to coat all sides evenly.
9. After marinating for 30 minutes, take out the fish from the mixture and keep the sauce for basting.
10. On a wired grill, place the marinated fish.
11. Place the grill at a distance of 4 inches from the heat source.
12. Brush the sauce over the fish.
13. Grill for 5-8 minutes and then turn it over.
14. Cook the other side for another 5-8 minutes until the fish flakes.
15. Serve hot.