- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Duck With Apricot Glaze Recipe
|Ducklings||7 Pound, cleaned, quartered (2 Ducklings, Each 3 1/2 Pounds)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and halved|
|Navel orange||1 , scored and cut into vertical halves|
|For the apricot glaze|
|Orange||1 (Plus Rind, Removed In Strips With A Vegetable Peeler)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Apricot preserves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress/Parsley||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 670 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 359.9 mg
Sodium 868.9 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 65 g130.4%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 69.7%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 48.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With medium slicer of food processor, slice orange. Wrap in plastic, refrigerate to be used as garnish.
2. Place rind and apricot preserves in food processor bowl, and blend into a puree.
3. Add orange juice, water, vinegar, cognac and salt and blend into a sauce. Keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 325° F
5. Rub salt, pepper and garlic on inside and into skin of ducklings.
6. Puncture all over with a fork.
7. Place ducklings breast side up, on a rack place over a roasting pan.
8. Roast in preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning ducks after every 40 minutes, until skin is nicely and evenly browned and crisp.
9. Remove from oven and pour off fat from the roasting pan.
10. Glaze ducks with sauce. .
11. Cover, place in refrigerator to marinate ducklings in sauce overnight.
12. Remove ducks to a baking pan and bring to room temperature. Reserve the marinade
13. In the meantime start up a barbecue grill or preheat the oven to 350° F.
14. Grill ducklings over medium fire, or reheat in the oven, basting with orange glaze
15. Run under broiler 2 to 3 minutes to get a char grilled flavor if heating in the oven.
16. Carve ducklings into serving portions and arrange on serving platter.
17. Glaze with remaining marinade.
18. Garnish platter with watercress or parsley and reserved orange slices.