- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Country Style Spareribs Recipe
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Country style spareribs||3 1⁄2 Pound|
Calories 1330 Calories from Fat 900
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.3%
Saturated Fat 39.3 g196.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 324.1 mg
Sodium 1547.5 mg64.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 69 g138%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven at 325 degrees.
2) Melt the butter and sauté the onion in it until it turns golden brown.
3) Add the next 11 ingredients to the onions and stir the mixture.
4) Boil the sauce on a low flame and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Place a shallow bottomed baking dish on the rack.
6) Inside the baking dish, keep the ribs with the meaty side up.
7) Bake for about a couple of hours or until perfectly done, basting the ribs with sauce and turning them every half hour.
8) Serve the ribs with sauce.