- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Corn Recipe
|Ears of corn||6|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use 1 Stick)|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 206.4 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Husk corn and take out silk.
2) Keep each ear on a double-thick sheet of foil.
3) Preheat oven hot to 400°F
4) In a small saucepan melt butter or margarine.
5) Add barbecue sauce, salt, and pepper.
6) Brush the mixture over corn.
7) Cover foil around ears; coil ends to seal.
8) Put the ears in a large shallow pan.
9) Place in oven and turn often. Bake for 25 minutes.
10) Serve from foil wrappers.
11) Alternately, cook corn outdoors, place foil-wrapped ears on grill over hot coals.
12) Grill for 15 to 25 minutes, turning often.
13) Serve hot.