- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecued Asian Back Ribs Recipe Video
|Pork back rib||2 Pound (2 racks Canadian rib)|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar/Rice vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, mince|
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 169.6 mg
Sodium 4888.3 mg203.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 51 g101.3%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat cooker to 325 degree.
2. Remove thin membrane from the pork rib to allow flavour to penetrate.
3. Preheat grill to medium high.
4. In a large roasting pan, place rib, and pour hot water in it. With aluminium foil cover it tightly.
5. Place it in oven and bake for 1 ½ hours, or until meat starts shrinking away from bone tip.
6. For sauce, in a mixing bowl, add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, dry sherry, Dijon mustard, ginger, and garlic. Whisk well.
7. Remove pork from liquid, and place it on grill. Cook for about 20 minutes.
8. With a brush baste pork often with sauce. Cover it with lid and cook until they have deep mahogany glaze.
9. Slice and serve barbequed Asian back ribs hot with green salad.