- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
|Beef round steak||4 Pound, cubed|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 239.7 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 48 g95.8%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, first add beef, onions, ketchup, barbecue sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, beer and tomato paste. Mix thoroughly.
2) Now add in the chuck roast and toss the mixture over it.
3) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
4) Once cooked, using a slotted spoon take away the roast and place it in a large bowl. Let it cool considerably.
5) Using two forks, shred the roast thinly.
6) Pour in 2 cups sauce from slow cooker over the shredded beef. Mix well.
7) Place the mixture on top of the buns and serve right away.
You may reserve the remaining sauce(if any) to serve over pasta, rice, or potatoes.