- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Barbacoa Recipe Video
|Beef cheek meat||2 Pound|
|Fajita seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.1 mg
Sodium 86.2 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 23 g45.3%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 73.3% Iron 47.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedRubber Smoky Mountain
1. Wash the beef cheek meat and pat dry.
2. Set up a Weber smoky mountain, loaded up with a lot of charcoal. Maintain temperature at 250 degree F.
3. Place the meat in a roasting pan. Sprinkle the white fajita seasoning all over the meat. Flip and season the other side.
4. Take two large pieces of foil and divide the meat between them. Wrap tightly.
5. Place parcels on the grill rack, cover and let braise for 5-6 hours or so.
6. When the cheeks are fall-apart tender, take the pan out of the oven. Using 2 forks, pull the meat apart in the foil so that it mixes in with all of that fatty juicy goodness. Discard the fatty portions.
7. Serve the barbacoa on red corn tacos topped with chopped onions, cilantro, avocado, and or green chili if you like.
You can also braise the beef cheeks in the oven. Bake at 275 for 3 1/2 hours - turn the cheeks over once or twice while they cook.