- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banbury Turnovers Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 46.4 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 86.4 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F
2) Take a clean bowl and mix together flour and sugar. Fold in beaten eggs.
3) Mix the remaining ingredients, except the pastry, in the bowl.
4) On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to about 1/8 inch thickness and cut it into twelve 4 inch squares.
5) Put about equal amounts (about 2 tablespoons) of filling from the bowl, on each of the twelve squares.
6) Fold the squares to form triangles and seal the edges. Flute the edges neatly with the tines of fork.
7) Now, use the fork to prick the tops of each triangle, to allow the steam to escape during baking.
8) Place the triangles on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until triangles are lightly tanned.
9) Allow the turnovers to cool down before serving.