- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bananas Foster Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||4 , peeled and split lengthwise|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|White rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Banana liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (creme de banana)|
|Vanilla ice cream/Sweetened whipped cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2772 Calories from Fat 891
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.2%
Saturated Fat 62.1 g310.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.1 mg
Sodium 433.7 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g122.9%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.7%
Sugars 304.4 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 74.7% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 75.3% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In flat chafing dish or attractive skillet, melt butter and brown sugar together.
2. Add bananas.Saute the mixture for 5 minutes till tender. Turn once in between.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon.
5. Turn mixture in rum and banana liqueur. Ignite with match.
6. Remove from heat and baste bananas until the flame burns out.
7. Serve Bananas Foster immediately, with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.