- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bananas Foster Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||1 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce|
|Banana||2 Large, peeled and sliced on a bias|
|Dark rum||3 Ounce|
|Banana liqueur||3 Ounce|
|Cinnamon sugar||1 Pinch (as needed, (1 cup sugar : 1 teaspoon cinnamon))|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.5 mg
Sodium 68.9 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a stainless steel saute pan, melt the butter.
2) Add granulated sugar and caramelize. Stir in ground cinnamon if desired. Add bananas and cook for a few minutes to soften and warm through.
3) Remove from heat and add alcohol waiting for any splattering to stop. Carefully using a long reach lighter or match set the mixture on fire to flambe. Throw pinches of cinnamon sugar into the pan to create sparks.
4) Allow the fire to die down on its own.
5) Serve immediately with scoops of vanilla ice cream.