- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Tea Loaf Recipe
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2267 Calories from Fat 718
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g103.8%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 2302.2 mg95.9%
Total Carbohydrates 356 g118.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.1%
Sugars 162.1 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 120.4% Iron 79.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Grease an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
3. On a wax paper sift together combining flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a bowl beat shortening until creamy.
5. Add sugar gradually, continue beating until light and fluffy and then beat well adding eggs.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with bananas, a small amount at a time, mixing after each addition only enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
8. Serve with beverages, as snacks or as desired.
• To make banana Raisin Loaf add 1 cup seedless raisins to egg mixture.
• To make Banana Nut Loaf add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts to egg mixture.
• To make Apricot or Prune Banana Loaf add 1 cup finely cut soaked and drained dried prunes or apricots to egg mixture.