- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana-Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten slightly|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baked pie shell||9 Inch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3119 Calories from Fat 786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.4%
Saturated Fat 64.9 g324.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 600.5 mg
Sodium 851.2 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 553 g184.2%
Dietary Fiber 25.6 g102.5%
Sugars 426 g
Protein 46 g92.9%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 54.3%
Calcium 63.2% Iron 50.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven
2. In a large double boiler, combine the 4 tablespoons sugar, flour and 1/4 tea- spoon salt and mix well. Then add milk and egg yolks and make sure that you mix thoroughly. Cook over boiling water for 10 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Add half the coconut and 11/4 teaspoons vanilla and set aside to cool.
4. Slice 1 banana into pie shell and then fill with coconut mixture. Slice 1 banana over filling.
5. Beat egg whites in large bowl until frothy. Add 11/2 cup sugar gradually and continue beating till the mixture is firm. Add remaining vanilla and dash of salt. Pile meringue over filling and seal edges.
6. Slice remaining banana in a circle over meringue; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake at 450 degrees until lightly browned.
7. Serve at room temperature