- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg-less Banana And Sour Cream Cake Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||2 , mashed|
|Sour cream/Yogurt||5 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soya lecithin||1 Tablespoon (soaked in 2 tablespoons water)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.2 mg
Sodium 425.4 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease a 8-inch square cake tin with butter or oil.
3. Into a small bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Stir in the mashed bananas and the soaked lecithin.
6. Lightly fold in the flour mixture in batches, adding cream alternately.
7. Fold in the nuts.
8. Pour into the cake tin and tap lightly to spread evenly.
9. Bake the cake for about 30 to 40 minutes in the hot oven.
10. Remove and let cool in the pan then invert onto a wire rack and let the cake cool.
11. Cut the cake into squares or slices and serve them warm at tea-time