- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Butter Recipe
|Ripe banana pulp||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5723 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.66 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1465 g488.5%
Dietary Fiber 35.3 g141.1%
Sugars 1298.8 g
Protein 0.71 g1.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil a small amount of water with salt.
2) Add the pulp in a preserving kettle.
3) Stir in the sugar, butter, and lemon juice.
4) Mix well and allow to boil, while stirring.
5) Add in the pectin, stirring constantly and bring to a rolling boil.
6) Continue stirring to avoid sticking, and boil for 1 minute.
7) Take off the heat and stir frequently for 8 minutes.
8) Slightly cool and transfer into hot sterilized jars.
9) Seal with paraffin.
10) Serve with hot pancakes.